We now know enough. Whether communist China actually engineered a SARS derivative into COVID-19 or not, the world’s largest dictatorship lied and people, across the world died.
Recent reports indicate that the virus may have been accidentally leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, China’s only Level 4 research facility for dangerous pathogens. To date, the most detailed analysis remains The Epoch Times’ own documentary film, which details the establishment’s work on corona-type viruses and the biological connection between the bat virus being researched in Wuhan and the novel coronavirus that has killed almost 200,000 humans across the globe.
The United States is already winning our war domestically with the virus. The president has deployed his new task force on economically reopening the nation and 20 states have already begun to relax shutdown regulations on shuttered businesses.
However, with more than 25 million Americans added to the unemployment rolls as a result of the shutdown, the damage to America is nigh incalculable. And it will increase as we find out the secondary and tertiary consequences of the national emergency, including increased suicide rates among those who have lost their livelihoods.
Therefore, we must start now to plan for what we will do about the regime that is our inimical adversary and caused the greatest economic damage to our nation in a very long time.
In addition to lying about the origins of what The Epoch Times aptly calls the CCP virus, Beijing has intimated journalists and scientists who tried to tell the truth, and even ordered the destruction of COVID-19 evidence.
For a full timeline of the virus and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) coverup, see my piece here, which is based on key unclassified information I received from the State Department. These revelations have led Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to make very robust statements on Chinese culpability.
In addition to getting answers to the question of what the exact origin of the virus is, there are measures the United States needs to be planning for now. These, at a bare minimum, include:
- A system that penalizes U.S. companies who continue to work with China in sectors that undermine strategic supply chains and our national security interests, and that rewards those who reinvest in America. This would range from advanced defense-related research to production of the lowly N95 mask.
- Cancellation of “permanent normal trade relations” with Communist China (what used to be called Most Favored Nation status).
- Defunding all international organizations, like the World Health Organization (WHO), which have demonstrated their willingness to act as fronts and propaganda surrogates for Communist China.
- An international initiative with our NATO allies and global partners to undermine Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative.
- Lastly, a public campaign at home to divest, boycott, and sanction Chinese products as long as that nation remains a Communist dictatorship.
President Donald Trump is not an interventionist. I worked for him, I know. But he supports all those who want to obtain freedom for themselves, the people of China included. Now is the time for our “Sputnik Moment,” for us to wake to the gravest external threat we face.
If the death of 50,000 Americans is not enough to wake us up to the danger China poses to America and to the free world, nothing is enough.