‘China’s Belt & Road Initiative: Beyond the Rhetoric – Opportunities for WA’ to discuss China’s signature Belt & Road Initiative (BRI), (the modern ‘Silk Road’ Initiative) and the tangible opportunities for WA businesses to participate in the BRI.
Hear from HE Ambassador, President of China Institute of International Studies (CIIS), Mr QI Zhenhong, and a panel of BRI experts and local senior Australia-China business professionals about the benefits of the BRI initiative and how Western Australia can take advantage of President Xi’s signature initiative.
Location: River View Room, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, 21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth, WA 6000,Australia
Date: December 4, 2019 (12:00 pm – 2:30 pm AWST)Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/chinas-belt-road-initiative-beyond-the-rhetoric-opportunities-for-wa-tickets-79500561319
- Dr LIU Qing, Senior Researcher & Director Department for Asia & the Pacific Studies, CIIS
- Dr LIU Feitao, Associate Research Fellow, Department for American Studies, CIIS
- Mr Bing Liu, General Manager, ICBC
- Mr Adam Handley, President, ACBC WA
- Mr Philip Kirchlechner, Chair, ACBC WA Investment Committee
- And More
This Event will Inform Attendees About:
- The nature, scope and extent of BRI including in the Asia Pacific region?
- Which sectors and industries of the Western Australian economy are likely to benefit from and be able to participate in BRI projects
- How specific sectors, including the Infrastructure, Financing, Construction, Agriculture, Logistics, IT, Vocational Education and Training can benefit from BRI
Mr. QI Zhenhong
President, China Institute of International Studies (CIIS)
Mr. Qi Zhenhong, President of China Institute of International Studies (CIIS). Former Counsellor, Deputy Director General, Policy Planning Department, MFA; Deputy Director General, General Office, MFA; Ambassador Extraordinary & Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to the Kingdom of Bahrain.